[ExI] Human Experimenting

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:28:26 UTC 2009

2009/5/22 Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com>:

> A sensitive and difficult issue. Are many libertarians
> today ready to allow someone to knowingly and with full
> consent sign himself into slavery? My opinion: we're
> not ready for that yet; but someday, yes. In other
> words, IMO no libertarian group, no matter how select
> and on how small an island, should go ahead with something
> like that, at least for a generation or two.

As a general principle, are libertarians opposed to a group making
decisions binding on its members? Selling oneself is a good example of
this. A person desperate for money might freely ("freely"?) enter into
a contract with another party allowing that he will be tortured for
the rest of his life. Should such contracts be banned as morally
wrong, or not?

--
Stathis Papaioannou