[ExI] The Last Exorcism. Philosophies of earthly immortality

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Fri May 22 12:01:24 UTC 2009

For the people able to read italian

"L' ultimo esorcismo. Filosofie dell'immortalità terrena" is a book of
Andrea Vaccaro
http://www.campedel.it/schlibro/218446.HTM
http://www.ibs.it/code/9788810140475/

> With advanced studies in genetic decoding, with the computerization
> of biology that penetrates the most intimate cellular dynamics, with
> nanomedical devices that promise repair at the atomic level in the
> human, the expectation that all causes of disease, and therefore
> death, will be overtaken has impose itself. Immortality on earth
> seems to become as inevitable, and not in the condition of old age
> more and more decrepit, but in an eternal, vital and energetic youth.
> To bear the news are the winners of Nobel laureates, heads of the
> most renowned research institutes, teachers of the most prestigious
> universities, scientists, computer scientists: the human being is
> "naturally" immortal. The new sciences propose for us a radical
> extension of life following a radical manipulation of man.
> Philosophers speak then of 'post-humanity', 'homo cyborg',
> 'techno-humanism'. The volume is to follow the theories, subjects and
> protagonists of this new epochal passage that touches the design
> itself and, consequently, also has repercussions on the theological
> or, more simply, our vision of religion.

Interestingly, there is a interview with the author published by
Avvenire, the newspaper of CEI (the council of the Italian catholic
bishops) and it appear H+ friendly.
http://newrassegna.camera.it/chiosco_new/pagweb/immagineFrame.asp?comeFrom=search&currentArticle=M2KKB

Mirco