[ExI] Left Behind

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri May 22 18:14:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Eschatoon Magic <eschatoon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
>>> Giulio wrote:
>> I could go on about the more encompassing extropian view (as I see it)
>> and also the argument against an essential identity, but I've probably
>> lost or irritated too many already.  [And I have work to do.]

> Please do!

Well, circumstances permitting.  I'm just returned from a several
month self-imposed exile from email discussion and already I'm
spending too much time.

> If not for
> these natural and enthusiastic yearnings for escape, I would not
> consider life as worth living, let alone find the interest and drive
> to strive toward a better tomorrow.

Well, maybe it's just my Buddhism barking, but I seem to see a
practical night/day difference between escape and engagement.

Come to think of it though, many wannabe Buddhists don't see the difference.

- Jef