[ExI] The Last Exorcism. Philosophies of earthly immortality

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:49:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>> Religion may not be 100% bad, but it's still 100% wrong.
>
> Not so.  It is such an accretion of aspirations, practices, community
> building and so on that it is impossible to take such a statement seriously.
>  There are many "babies" in that very nasty looking bath water.

Indeed, not all religions are equal.

But those requiring "faith" in face of empirical data suggesting
otherwise, as well-intentioned as they may be (and I have to differ on
that), remain nevertheless intrinsically pernicious from my point of
view.

Much more so that secular views that suggests solutions which end up
being "bad", but are at least subject to revision.

--
Stefano Vaj