[ExI] Eternity: Our Next Billion Years, by Michael Hanlon

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon May 25 15:56:53 UTC 2009

At 08:07 AM 5/25/2009 -0700, Spike wrote:

>I would countersuggest we express the current insane government spending in
>terms not of dollars but rather in a working prole's salary.  We then have
>not *illions but rather days, months, years, centuries, millennia, etc.

Barbara, with a degree in mathematics and an MBA, commented on the
original trillions post:

"It's still very hard for me to truly understand the concept of a
trillion dollars. How many [large two story inner city San Antonio]
houses would a trillion dollars buy? Lessee ... 6,660,000 (rounding
up). Can that be right? A large city's worth of houses. All the
houses in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas put together."

And where did that 666 come from, I hear you ask? Diabological...

Damien Broderick