[ExI] Savings and wealth/was Re: More on Health Costs

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 29 22:08:10 UTC 2009

> ...and not result in the bugbear of
> Keynesians, original and New, where people mindless hoard
> savings for no reason at all.

That comment puzzled me first time I read it, now it was quoted again, and I
still don't get it.  There is *always* a reason to mindlessly hoard money,
always a hundred *very good* reasons.  This should be perfectly obvious to
all wage slaves, for as soon as one hoards a sufficiently large pile of
cash, one is freeeee of that life of wage slavery.  If one wants to continue
doing the old 9 to 5, and I personally know plenty who choose to do exactly
that, then one is free to do it.  Or not.  That's why I hoard money now: I
am chasing the dream of freedom.

Why is that a bugbear to Keynesians?