[ExI] bernoulli numbers

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sat May 30 17:05:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009, spike wrote:

> The point of this story gets lost in the political trivia.  Never do they
> actually answer the important question, did this kid find the formula for
> generating Bernoulli numbers?  Any articles on the topic do not actually
> give the formula he discovered, so I have no way of verifying.  Oy vey.
>
> http://www.thelocal.se/19710/20090528/
>
> spike

Without "a formula", this looks more like a PR stuff. I have found a lot
of interesting things following the wikipedia page.

http://cims.nyu.edu/~harvey/bernmm/
http://blog.wolfram.com/2008/04/29/today-we-broke-the-bernoulli-record-from-the-analytical-engine-to-mathematica/

They may not be as briliant as what the guy did, they may take five days
to compute but at least they compute.

Regards
Tomasz Rola