[ExI] future fizzle

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun May 31 21:10:43 UTC 2009

> Subject: Re: [ExI] future fizzle
>

> Not only that but we have not even solved the physiological
> problem of long flights in zero gravity; anyone making it to
> mars would be an atrophied invalid with our present technology.
>
> Tom D

Tom, these problems are mostly solved by using verrrry tiny humans,
preferrably a paraplegic.  Much of the physiological problem has to do with
the body dumping calcium from the femurs at the onset of weightlessness,
second is atrophy of those big leg muscles, and the corresponding health
problems.  Both of these are solved if we start with a paraplegic,
preferrably a really small one.