[ExI] Is unemployment the future?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Nov 3 14:21:09 UTC 2009

....On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj

	Of course, the way we currently employ our time could have looked
pretty weird to our remote predecessors...	Stefano Vaj

I once worked at an environmental test lab.  We interviewed (and hired) a
mechanical design engineer who had retired early in 1976, started a country
store and a wilderness tour company.  Both eventually failed, so he came
back into the engineering world in 1985 to try to earn some actual money.
In his interview he commented, "I don't understand this.  Where are all the
drawing boards?  All these guys, and no one is actually working!  They are
all sitting around pecking on these little plastic typewriters!"

{8^D