[ExI] jobs craved

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Wed Nov 25 11:26:18 UTC 2009

On 24 Nov, 2009, at 22:20, spike wrote:

> In some rather extreme cases power factor is significant.  I
> wouldn't have
> thought of that except for recently having to size an electric pump
> for the
> ranch in which I had to account for power factor in order to maximize
> efficiency in water delivered per dollar.

Really good point about power factor. That's been my largest concern
about the push for CFLs, since most manufacturers don't spend the half-
penny necessary for an inductor that would correct the power factor in
those things. :(

Brent Neal, Ph.D.
http://brentn.freeshell.org
<brentn at freeshell.org>