[ExI] jobs created or saved

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 11:06:34 UTC 2009

2009/11/28 Tom Nowell <nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk>:
> A figure quoted for NASA's peak spending was $6billion in 1966, equating to $39 billion in today's money. That year, NASA spending supported 400,000 govt and employee contractors. So if you double up on Apollo, for $78billion/year (a fraction of the stimulus spending), you could get 800,000 aerospace engineering jobs supported and hopefully something better than Apollo. This would take 10 years to blow the $787 billion unlike however long the stimulus money has taken to spend, and deliver 25% extra jobs compared to what the stimulus did.

Interesting figures. I believe to remember that it took ten or twelve
countries to put together the multi-year 10 bn invested in the ITER
reactor, while the costs of the unfortunate Iraq military party have
exceeded by now 1 trillion...

This tends to confirm my concern that expected tech developments have
not taken place, and risk not to take place unless at a very slow pace
which cannot be defined as "exponential" by any means, simply because
they money is not there anymore.

--
Stefano Vaj