[ExI] Don't obsess over "climategate"

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Sun Nov 29 21:28:21 UTC 2009

Il 27/11/2009 18.10, Anders Sandberg ha scritto:
> Max:
>> While not at all surprised by what has been revealed in those
>> emails, I think some skeptics of climate catastrophism are
>> obsessing too much over them.
>
> Sounds a bit like what my colleague Nicholas Shackel is writing:
> http://www.practicalethicsnews.com/practicalethics/2009/11/climate-scientists-behaving-badly-part-1.html

> His argument is that the important revelation here is the low
> epistemic standards the researchers hold themselves to, not any
> revelation about the data or world itself.

Maybe the important revelation is another:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017987/climategate-what-gores-useful-idiot-ed-begley-jr-doesnt-get-about-the-peer-review-process/

> What the CRU’s hacked emails convincingly demonstrate is that climate
> scientists in the AGW camp have corrupted the peer-review process. In
> true Gramscian style they marched on the institutions – capturing the
> magazines (Science, Scientific American, Nature, etc), the seats of
> learning (Climate Research Institute; Hadley Centre), the NGO’s
> (Greenpeace, WWF, etc), the political bases (especially the EU), the
> newspapers (pretty much the whole of the MSM I’m ashamed, as a print
> journalist, to say) – and made sure that the only point of view
> deemed academically and intellectually acceptable was their one.
> Now peer-review is dead, so should be the IPCC, and Al Gore’s future
> as a carbon-trading billionaire. Will it happen? I shouldn’t hold
> your breath.

What will substitute this?
Probably some way of web publishing, with links and evaluation from others.

Mirco