[ExI] "Augmented Reality" in Mobile Devices

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 29 07:32:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:36:31AM +1030, Emlyn wrote:

> > Another option might be using a video projector, and a reclining chair.
>
> I don't think so; my thinking is that the problem is that the display
> is fixed, thus requiring you to also be fixed still in order to look

Have you tried using larger screens (24"-30") from a longer viewing
distance? I personally find a triple-screen setup (24" with two
19"-23" by the side) optimal.

> at it. It needs to be attached to your head so that you can move your
> head around (slightly, as is a natural thing to do), and the display
> stays in the same place relative to your eyes. So maybe if the

Such displays are best if immersive, and providing a synthetic
reality synchronized via a head tracker.

> projector was a giant projector hat, but I suspect that might cause
> other neck problems :-)

How about programming a timer to take periodic breaks?