[ExI] Books: The Mismeasure of Man

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Sep 6 14:41:40 UTC 2009

Oh, no, Natasha. Sorry I didn't see this
and respond earlier.

The book is basically an anti-genes polemic,
entirely dismissing the honest work of people
like Cyril Burt, claiming also that intelligence
is hardly, if at all, heritable.

Cosmides and Toomey, just to name two modern
evolutionary psychologists, have nothing good
to say about Gould writing outside his field.

The most modern left-leaning (but still quite
good book on intelligence, one that *does*
honestly incorporate modern findings, is
Flynn's "What is Intelligence?" (2007).

Of course, if you want something really new,
accurate, provocative, and interesting, try
"The 10,000 Year Explosion" by Cochran and
Harpending.

Lee