[ExI] Norman Borlaug

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 21:25:28 UTC 2009

Norman Borlaug is dead. It could be argued that nobody in the entire history of the Human Race has saved more lives than he did; I would certainly have a very hard time coming up with a better candidate.

Pasteur?

 Norman Borlaug was not a poet or a mystic or a writer of platitudes or a religious figure of any sort, Norman Borlaug was a scientist. I like that.
Religious charities have saved very many lives after catastrophes, at a fraction of comparable govt relief. We like that, too.

John K Clark