[ExI] Civilization, Virtue, and Stress

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 21 06:07:52 UTC 2009

> Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Civilization, Virtue, and Stress
>
> On 9/20/2009 10:54 PM, spike wrote:
>
> > Reagan served in WW2 making training videos, may he rest in peace.
>
> Didn't he rather famously rest in peace quite a lot while he
> was POTUS? ...

Yes, that was one of his endearing features.  He didn't try to grab power
for the executive branch, unlike every one of his successors other than Bush
senior.  Reagan was the closest thing we have had to a libertarian president
since Calvin Coolidge.

> In any case, I doubt he'll be jumping up again unless he was
> vitrified...

Ja.

On my previous list, I forgot Bush senior, who was a navy pilot in WW2.  The
Navy and Yale have produced a lot of POTUSes.  (POTI?)