[ExI] EU institutes massive program to monitor "abnormal" behavior

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:27:00 UTC 2009

On 9/24/09, Florent Berthet wrote:
> Hi Robert. I am Indect. Your above email represents a threat to the authority.
> Therefore, agents will be at your home in the next hour to take you to the nearest > police station.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.

Yea. It's about time we put a stop to all that 'abnormal' behaviour
going around.

What I recommend is a template of 'normality' that the current
government can adjust, depending on what they consider to be the new
'normal'.

The template can be set to keep prison occupancy at optimum levels.
If entrepreneurs are busily building more prison capacity, then a few
tweaks can easily generate more 'abnormals' to fill them. We would
have to be careful not to approach US levels though, where prisoners,
guards, law enforcement, legal profession, etc. are tying up too large
a percentage of the population in non-productive employment.

Even better if the template is kept secret, then no individual would
know whether their behaviour is approaching the borderline. Keeping
the population fearful is a necessity for the modern fascist state.

BillK