[ExI] Don't be a locavore fundamentalist

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:25:42 UTC 2009

2009/9/27 Giulio Prisco (2nd email) <eschatoon at gmail.com>

> You say this as a joke, but the sad fact is that a food police would
> be perfectly in character with the nanny-state dictatorship that our
> societies are becoming.

OTOH, I am not overly scandalised by taxes on tobacco, alcohol and firearms,
and I think we could live with a tax on soft drinks, which serve no
conceivable dietary purpose and may indirectly generate some additional
burden for a given country's health-related costs (exactly as I could live
with the application of the same model for the recreational use of
drugs...).

Only, one must pay attention to keep such taxes at the highest possible
level which still remains low enough not to allow a black-market economy to
flourish...

--
Stefano Vaj