[ExI] Yuri's night.

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:00:54 UTC 2010

I missed Woodstock (darn!), but I was on the beach near Cape Canaveral
to see that first shuttle launch(Geek Woodstock?) in person.  Even so,
I was still seven miles away.  It was weird.  It took 35 seconds for
the sound to reach where I and the gathered multitudes were,
well,...gathered.  That is the launch was completely silent until 35
seconds in.  And then came the second surprise, because seven miles
away it was still the loudest sustained sound I had ever heard.

Best, Jeff Davis

    "We don't see things as they are,
           we see them as we are."
                      Anais Nin