[ExI] Yuri's night.

moulton at moulton.com moulton at moulton.com
Tue Apr 13 06:30:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 14:00 -0600, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I missed Woodstock

My friend Nancy and I spent a few hours at the event held at NASA/Moffet
in Mountain View, CA.  This Yuri's Night event had a mix of sci/tech
exhibits and talks running in parallel to music events and art displays.
There were a couple of airplanes which did the usual air show items
(rolls, etc).  The big replica rocket that had been at Burning Man in
2009 was there.  The Maker Faire folks were there and selling discounted
Maker Faire tickets so I was able to save a few dollars.  There was
supposedly a Shuttle astronaut walking around mingling but I did not
bump into her.  Admission was fairly expensive at about $50 per person
however I saved $20 each on two Maker Faire tickets because of the
discount inside Yuri's Night.

Fred