[ExI] Capitalism is like a poker game

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 20:02:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is naive spike, a big corporation becomes a de-facto monopoly.
> You don't have the option to go into business in competition against
> it, and you don't have the option of refusing to trade with it.
> Actually, big corporations act in partnerships with governments and
> are the best friends of governments, collaborating in stealing money
> and resources from the rest of us.

### This is an old canard, Giulio. You can always compete or refuse to
trade with a corporation, unless it is supported by the government.
There is not a single case of a private monopolist capable of
preventing competition in a capitalist economy ever - this happens
exclusively when a government intervenes to create a monopoly.

I challenge you to give us a single specific historic example of a
private entity that would refute this observation.

Rafal