[ExI] Mining the Sky SL Talk I gave today

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Apr 26 07:52:10 UTC 2010

spike wrote:

>> ...On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
>>
>> Just a thought, and it might be a long shot to get in as a
>> speaker without serious professional credentials (then again,
>> they might not have any speakers on this topic with said
>> credentials, so you might have a chance):
>> http://www.aiaa.org/content.cfm?pageid=230&lumeetingid=2387
>
> Ja.  I worked in the space biz for over two decades and in all that time
> never met a single person who could legitimately claim expertise above a
> dedicated amateur on the topic of asteroid  mining technology.  The
> professional rocket scientist could have a lot of specifics on the orbit
> mechanics and the propulsion tech, but this is stuff one needs to master
> anyways in this game, and it isn't hard.

Do you have some sources or sites you would recommend to sufficiently
master what I would need of these things?  I would love to know enough
to know roughly whether a particular mission was doable, what was
involved and likely cost.  Not enough of course to be a pro or fool one
  but enough to be able to do more than cheer and blow smoke.

Are there some nice online tools to play with?

- samantha