[ExI] will raise bugs for food

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 22:32:38 UTC 2010

> The article claims ticks have shells,
> and the rest of the stuff sounds like they know from ticks:

Ticks are arachnids, so they have chitinous exoskeletons like other arachnids, as someone said, but much, much harder. I can attest to that. I live in a very rural area where in the summer you have to check yourself for the nasty little buggers often, and your dog more often.

> I could collect some and
> next ExI-schmooze we could have a tick crushing contest.

Here we don't even bother to try crushing them. We pick them off, place them on a hard surface, and hold the flame of a lighter to them for a few seconds. They explode. Not kidding. That is the preferred method for disposing of ticks in these parts. They make a very satisfying pop when they go.

Perhaps you could have a tick burning contest also, and whoever has the most flame-resistant tick wins.

Darren