[ExI] Islamic culture (current) was Religions and violence

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Sat Aug 14 11:39:49 UTC 2010

Il 03/08/2010 2.52, Adrian Tymes ha scritto:
> --- On Mon, 8/2/10, samantha <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> Save for that whole "economies of scale" thing, wherein a larger
> entity (the government) could distribute aid much more effectively
> than individual private entities, which efficiency might preclude the
> decision to donate individually.  (A cabbage or two is nothing
> against a famine, so why bother?  It might just get fought over and
> produce more suffering.  1,000 tons of food - of many varieties, even
> - is another story.)

The "economy of scale" work also to thieves. It is easier to stole in a
centralized government-driven economy than in a decentralized,
market-driven economy.

The best business for Mafia, in Italy, is fixing the Public Contracts.
I think it is not so different in UK or US or anywhere, for the matter.
The name of the group change, but they feed anyway from the public
coffers at the expense of the producers.

--
Leggimi su Extropolitica Blog <http://extropolitca.blogspot.com/>
Leggimi su Estropico Blog <http://estropico.blogspot.com/>

Mirco Romanato