[ExI] Jaron Lanier on AI and Singularity, not transhumanism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 17:43:57 UTC 2010

On 14 August 2010 13:24, Sen Yamamoto <sen.otaku at googlemail.com> wrote:
> "societal egemony of transhumanist value, besides
> being obviously more likely to deliver than alleged and dubious
> automagic mechanisms"
>
> Ummm... I have no idea what that means.

Let me rephrase. A society based on transhumanist values such as
change, prometheism, diversity, knowledge, self-overcoming, extropy,
self-determination, directed evolution, "cosmic" challenges, etc.
would make for a more interesting world irrespective of what and when
could be actually achieved.

*And* of course would make any singularity-like achievement much more
likely to happen in the first place than a hostile and/or stagnating
world would.

--
Stefano Vaj