[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] Reverse-Engineering of Human Brain Likely by 2030, Expert Predicts

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:29:12 UTC 2010

My friend with me asked if I thought Kurzweil was sick... I couldn't say.

The thing about Kurzweil is he is filling the role of the visionary.
And we need a whole lot of positive vision right about now.  He gives
the same lecture a lot because it needs to be repeated a lot.  People
have been living with exponentially faster computers yet don't seem to
realize or embrace the potential. The latest intel chipset computers
have really blown the old ones away, and this is not just server
technology but desktop tech.

But you find people who still seem to think this is very normal and
things will just "slowly" get better.  Look at the smartphone space,
in 3 years we have gone from 'texting' to 'i want apps and a rich
web/multimedia experience in my pocket now damnit'.  June 2007 - July
2010, the introduction of the iPhone (i stood in that line) to the
iPhone 4 and the plethora of Android devices.

What will happen in the next 3 years?

-ryan