[ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 4 19:28:23 UTC 2010

... On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
Subject: Re: [ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum

On 12/4/2010 11:59 AM, spike wrote:

>> somehow each individual photon is either splitting in two and
interfering with itself, or its*spacial*  other self,

>spatial? special?

Spatial thanks.  It perhaps shoulda been spelled spacial, because it
pertains to one of the three space dimensions, as opposed to the temporal or
time dimension.  But microsloth keeps wanting to change it to special, and
perhaps it does look too much like special.  So spatial it is.  {8-]  And
shoulda shoulda been spelled should have, because that is how we say it, ja?
{8^D

>> or it is somehow remembering what the previous photon did, and leaving
messages for the  next one, as if it is like a particle waving back and
forth in time,
>> interfering or with its temporal other self.

>This is John Cramer's Transactional model, no?

Feyman had it before Cramer, or at least a puzzling version of it.

>I had this halfassed idea the other day: a Deutschean shadow-universes
intuition that the Quantum Zeno effect might derive from superposed
activities in adjacent, only slightly divergent M-W realities where
intentionally directed activities reinforce or prohibit a certain outcome,
unlike ordinary stochastic radioactivity, say, where the "shadow overlaps"
in/from nearby worlds are arbitrary. Might this have an impact on big beam
programs, say, perhaps delaying or inhibiting some otherwise possible
outcomes (Higgs manifestations, e.g.)?  Damien Broderick

Hey that one works as well as any of the others I have heard.  Good show, me
lad!