[ExI] WikiLeaks: What is the moral transhumanist expert consensus?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Dec 4 20:15:05 UTC 2010

On 12/4/2010 12:53 PM, BillK wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Brent Allsop  wrote:
>> Moral Transhumanist Experts,
>>
>> Is anyone besides me interested in knowing, quantitatively, what other moral
>> transhumanists experts think aboutWikiLeaks and Julian Assange?  How does a
>> transhumanist consensus compare to the general population consensus?....
>>

> I doubt if you can get a yes / no answer to moral questions.
>
> For example,
> Sometimes yes, when he is exposing covered up crimes / lies.
> Sometimes no, when he is endangering complex diplomatic negotiations
> or individuals in dangerous situations.
>

> BillK

First off, this is not seeking an answer or any kind of truth to a moral
question, as it seems to me you are implying.  It instead is simply a
survey, to rigorously measure what everyone thinks on this issue, and
how different groups like transhumanists, the general population, moral
experts, and so on compare.

Also, of course, with a traditional survey, your point is valid.  But
canonizer.com is completely different.

There isn't a camp like you describe above yet, but you could create a
camp that concisely states just what you've said here, and join that
one.  The goal would be a definitive, concise moral expert consensus on
just what is good and what is bad, along with a rigorous measure of how
many moral experts feel precisely that way, compared to all other
concisely stated moral theories.  I currently happen to disagree and am
in the camp that believes in general everyone should know everything (
http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/119/2 ).

The rules and the structure of the system enables large groups of
experts to collaboratively negotiate and develop all of this, for the
moral betterment of humanity.  Everyone eternally yelling yes, no,
yes... and the ignorant immoral majority abusing the expert minority,
mostly lead by immoral bottleneck hierarchies seeking to kill all other
hierarchies, is still keeping us in the moral dark ages.

To the degree the minority moral experts are willing to help and work
together collaboratively, I believe we can dramatically change things
for the better.

Brent Allsop