[ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 5 15:35:05 UTC 2010

On 12/5/2010 4:30 AM, BillK wrote:

>> >  Presumably the photon is bumping into, and interacting with, all kinds of
>> >  things on the way to the cardboard, but they apparently don't count as
>> >  "measurements.">

>> >  Air molecules, say, So, for example, does the double slit gag work better,
>> >  more clearly, if it's done in vacuo rather than through the air of the lab?
>> >  What happens if you run your photons or electrons through water before they
>> >  hit the slits?

> That's a simple question, but the answer gets as complicated as you like.  :)

<condescending aside snipped>

> Basically light doesn't react with air molecules.

Yes, that's the obvious reply, but evidently it didn't satisfy the two
physicists quoted above from the essay you recommended.

Can you bounce the light off a mirror, or send it through a lens, before
running it through the two slits, and still get fringes? I would assume
that you can't, because that *would* be a "measurement".

Damien Broderick