[ExI] The Immortality Institute is planning to change their name to "Longecity"

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:23:51 UTC 2010

The Immortality Institute board of directors have proposed changing
the name of the organization to "Longecity."  This is a merging of
longevity with city.

I realize having the word "immortality" in their current title is a
bad idea in terms of social acceptance, but I think they have chosen
the wrong name as a replacement.  I have suggested they change it to
the short and simple "Longevity."

The World Transhumanist Association now calls itself H+, the
Immortality Institute will be getting a new name, and so I suppose if
the Extropy Institute is reinstituted they will call themselves X'ers!
 ; )

http://www.imminst.org/forum/topic/45485-articlelongecity/

John