[ExI] The Immortality Institute is planning to change their name to "Longecity"

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:09:56 UTC 2010

I wrote:
>if the Extropy Institute is reinstituted they will call themselves X'ers!

David Lubkin replied:
Surely X-Men...

Of course that would make Max Dr. Xavier, which he might not
appreciate.

David, you must not know Max all that well, because he is a huge comic
book fan, and so I bet he would love to be Professor Xavier!  ; )
Well, he might actually prefer being Magneto...

Darren Greer wrote:
You wanna dramatically increase membership, go with Sextropy. The
message might get watered down a bit though.

If I had the website design skills, I would do a parody porn (at a
PG-13 level) site called Sextropians.com!  It would have a "Ask
Anders" column where our favorite Swedish academic would answer
people's difficult sex questions.  ; )  And it would also have playful
spoofs of 70's porn starring our Spike as a studly motorcycle outlaw
who sports a big mustache as he romances swimsuit models, flight
attendants, waitresses, librarians, astronauts, entomologists
(specializing in bees), and motorcycle engineers!

Giulio wrote:
If they think having the word "immortality" in their current title is
a bad idea in terms of social acceptance, I suggest "Get Sick and Die
Soon" as a new name.

What about "Get Enhanced and Live Much Longer" as the new name?  Or
they might even go with the "Elixir of Life Institute!" lol

John  : )