[ExI] The Immortality Institute is planning to change their name to "Longecity"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 23:54:05 UTC 2010

On 10 December 2010 15:54, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> If they think having the word "immortality" in their current title is
> a bad idea in terms of social acceptance, I suggest "Get Sick and Die
> Soon" as a new name.

:-D

"Social acceptance" is of course a very dubious concern if one considers his
primary task to be exactly that of changing what is "socially acceptable".

But I never liked much the term of "immortality", which suggests
a) an inability to die,
b) a somewhat metaphysically-tainted concept of infinity.

On the other hand, "Indefinite Lifespan Institute" may not sound so well in
English... :-/

--
Stefano Vaj