[ExI] Biological immortality and the paleo diet

J. Stanton js_exi at gnolls.org
Sun Dec 12 19:47:59 UTC 2010

For those who didn't see Michael Rose's talk at Humanity+ at Caltech:

"How to achieve ‘biological immortality’ naturally"
http://www.kurzweilai.net/how-to-achieve-biological-immortality-naturally

This appears to support the theory advanced in this paper, which I
posted previously:

"Glucose Hysteresis as a Mechanism in Dietary Restriction, Aging and
Disease"

In other words, not only is a 'paleo' diet (which includes periodic
fasting, as per my previous message, as well as a meat/vegetable/some
tuber/occasional fruit and nut diet) better for your short-term health,
mood, and energy level: it may actually extend your life.

Of course, this is all still in the 'theory' stage.  But since the
'theory' that low fat intake and a diet high in processed grains is good
for your health has been immediately followed by skyrocketing rates of
obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, I'm comfortable working on the
assumption that a diet (and physical activity) informed by evolutionary
biology is healthy.

JS
http://www.gnolls.org