[ExI] a good day for liberty

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 03:31:41 UTC 2010

Spike wrote:
They must actually fight and win the war before there is any new
constitution.  Since Americans vote, we now have a symbolic insurgency every
two years.  It may be far more difficult to gain sufficient support for a
revolution when we have that important symbolic rebellion in which we take
part periodically.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the classic quote, "the winners write
the history books!"

Spike, the problem is that our symbolic insurgency has been hijacked
by powerful corporate interests that with massive soft money slush
funds and insider lobbyists, make sure those elected do their bidding,
and to hell with the masses!  The recent bailouts of Wall Street,
despite middle class outrage against it, proves my point.

John