[ExI] Biological immortality and the paleo diet

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:54:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> The truth is that while I suffered myself some very moderate
> withdrawal symptoms for the first 20 or 30 days when I almost entirely
> removed grains, potatoes, rice, etc. from my diet some eight or ten
> years ago, I did not much else than complying with personal dietary
> inclinations already in place, and accepting the pain of fighting
> "ideological", but above all social, pressures to conform with the
> dietary mainstream ("please, have some cake, I made it with my hands,
> just taste it, I am taking offence...") of the same kind I suspect
> vegans or muslims or teetotallers are usually better trained and
> motivated to resist. ;-)
>
> Thus, I never felt I was renouncing to much, since in spaghetti with
> meat balls what I had always found the most interesting was the meat
> balls anyway, so that by removing the spaghetti if anything one
> improves the experience. ;-)

That is the ideal solution. To find a diet plan that you actually
enjoy (apart from an initial period of adjustment). That would reduce
the Costs side of the equation significantly.
So that even if it turns out that the diet has little effect of your
health or longevity, you still gain, because you enjoy it.  (Provided
that the chosen diet plan doesn't actually cause long-term damage, of
course).

On the other hand, there is the quotation -
"Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti."    Sophia Loren.

BillK
BillK