[ExI] Will the upcoming big-budget Hollywood "H+" film lead to confusion for the H+ transhumanist organization?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Dec 21 11:29:49 UTC 2010

On 2010-12-21 10:45, John Grigg wrote:
> Bryan Singer (X-Men, Superman) is doing a film titled "H+" where many
> people have the net directly connected to their brains and nervous
> systems, but then a virus infects them and billions die!  I wonder to
> what extent the name of this film will lead to major confusion for the
> H+ transhumanist organization?

Or vice versa... if they are stupid enough to use a term that "belongs"
to another group, it means a lot of traffic is going to go to
transhumanist sites. Plenty of opportunity to not just do rebuttals (who
reads those) but to play around with the meaning of the film.

My guess is that H+ is the working name and then they change it to
something else in order to avoid this kind of messiness, the risk of
domain name squatting and losing advertising money...

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute