[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 11:56:56 UTC 2010

"spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

<virtual bowling stuff snipped>

> This sets the stage for international wii bowling-variant
> tournaments, where
> no one needs to leave their own home.  Imagine the
> fuel savings.  That game
> would be a kick in the ass!
>
> It is getting easier now for me to imagine future
> entertainment, much less
> passive than sitting like a boiled rutabaga in front of a
> big silver screen,
> far more interactive, more people involved, less money
> changing hands, waaay
> more variation in the old familiar games.

And this is precisely why I shake my head sadly at the people who insist that life as an upload would be *less* rather than *more* interesting, full of opportunities, capabilities, possibilities...

With our current impoverished imaginations, we can only just scratch the surface of what would be possible.

Ben Zaiboc