[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 24 15:56:29 UTC 2010

Behalf Of Eugen Leitl
Subject: Re: [ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 02:39:00PM -0800, spike wrote:

>> Adrian thanks man, that was is very insightful.  It never occurred to
>> me there was a stage of life that is post-MBrain. What could we call
>> it?  A crust brain?

>Spike, we *did* discuss strange matter life way back, including possibility
of life near Planck scale.

This is different methinks.  This is an MBrain that eventually decides to
take up residence on the surface of a dead star after having been an MBrain
for billions of years.  Were I a patents officer, I would award this notion
a fresh patent.  I will grant at the same time that the US Patent office
seems to have severe Alzheimers, but in this case, this presents a new
variation.