[ExI] kill thread

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 27 04:23:12 UTC 2010

OK thanks everyone, please stop forthwith any commentary titled Getting
Laid.  I am killing that one, but posting this last one thru that was in the
moderators box from Sockpuppet99 which looks to me like sound advice.

It is OK to post stuff about dating and lonely hearts to some extent, but I
urge you do use judgment and decorum, and feel free to avoid the topic for
now thanks.  For instance, if you have not had gender reassignment, refrain
at every opportunity from making a running commentary on the topic.  Reason:
there are those here who know, and we know who they are, and if you haven't
been there, the expert ain't you.  In light of the fact that some offensive
commentary has been posted recently, I suggest we veer off about a radian in
a new direction, shall we?

Of course offlist discussions on the topic are always fair game, and to be
encouraged.  Also it is often a good idea to filter some posters if they bug
you, as opposed to answering everything, and especially answering anything
in anger.

Play ball!

spike

>From Sockpuppet99:

Sent from my iPod

On Dec 26, 2010, at 8:11 PM, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I don't know how to meet people in real life at all. =( I don't know
> where to go. I've been to social situations but I never can seem to
> get into any conversations, I just tend to haunt the place for a while
> and then leave out of boredom and frustration. SL has the advantage
> that I know people are actually seeing the words I type until they ignore
me.
> (if they're at their keyboards at all.

Relationships are a two-way street. If your only goal is to get laid, hire a
prostitute. If you want to meet a woman, stow your sex life away for a while
and get to know a woman first as a person.

Take a community ed class. Help out with a community theater production. Go
hiking with the Sierra Club. Put yourself into situations where conversation
is easier because you're all doing something. If you hang out at bars and
you are creepy or awkward nobody is going to want anything to do with you.

I saw your picture online: don't know if it's recent but your haircut could
be a lot better and your glasses are way too big.

> Yeah, I guess I'm a bit to eclectic, into vacuum tube audio, and
> electric cars. (I'm currently trying to mount an AC-50 motor in a
> Mazda MX-6).

You sound like an Aspie. That doesn't have to be a showstopper but you do
need to slow down, try not to monologue about your interests, and really try
to at least feign an interest in the other person's life.