[ExI] kill thread

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 27 20:28:24 UTC 2010

On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc
Subject: Re: [ExI] kill thread

"spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>> OK thanks everyone, please stop forthwith any commentary titled Getting
Laid...

>> It is OK to post stuff about dating and lonely hearts to some extent, but
I urge you do use judgment and decorum...

>> Play ball!

>Fair enough, you're the boss...

Oy vey.  Only temporarily, as Max and Natasha are in the process of moving
to Arizona.  I take up this badge with much reluctance and with eagerness to
relinquish authority at every opportunity.

>Although I do hope this is killed because of the vitriol, not because of
the actual topic (or my choice of subject line!)...

It's quite all right Ben.  The reason we had to kill it this time is that
unpleasantness had broken out with inappropriate commentary as you likely
noticed.  Posting about sex is perfectly OK.  There is so much potential for
humor in that area.  Caution is to be exercised if we see novices offering
to lecture experts in their own area of expertise.

>My take on it is that it's a valid extropian topic, as it's about our
happiness and ambitions, just as much as life-extension or intelligence
expansion is, just not as 'sexy' (cognitive dissonance intended), and even
more so because it relates to the kind of personalities that often frequent
this kind of list.. Ben Zaiboc

Ja, all areas of sexuality are to be explored openly on ExI and all are
accepted, up to and including those which are physically impossible to
perform.  This last category is especially welcome, for those of us less
capable in these areas have a ready excuse for failing to participate.  Not
only accepted, but... noichaed.  Never appropriate are insults to those who
practice any particular brand of sexuality.  Insults are never appropriate
actually, for any category of practitioners.  We like everyone, ja?

Besides that, the stuff that is physically impossible may not always be so.
Picture Seven of Nine in the holodeck.  Then recognize that to have *any
chance* at the holodeck with 7 you must make arrangements ahead of time.