[ExI] Linguistic shifts

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 23:15:58 UTC 2010

2010/12/20 Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com>:
> Languages change. Nothing's static here. It might just be that the pace of
> change is faster today or more noticeable -- since we went through a period
> of rapid standardization with the proliferation of printing and then of
> nation states.

Of course. The real issue in this respect are entropic trends. Thus, a
conscious effort to resurrect languages simply as a matter of taste
and identity and/or to put deliberately existing ones on diverging
paths are quite much within the self-determination area. Or are we
afraid of the "artificial" side of it?

--
Stefano Vaj