[ExI] Meat v. Machine

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 29 05:27:56 UTC 2010

On Dec 28, 2010, at 11:50 PM, The Avantguardian wrote:

> If machine-phase life is so inevitable and so superior, where are the Von Neumann probes?

Two possible answers:

1) Somebody has to be the first intelligent technological civilization in the visible universe, perhaps it is us.

2) Some road block prevents intelligence from engineering the cosmos, my best guess of what that impediment is would be electronic drug addiction.

There may be other answers to your very important question but those are the only ones I can think of  that make any sense to me.

 John K Clark