[ExI] intentional control lag as recreational device, was RE: simulation as an improvement over reality

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 03:45:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 8:45 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> But I am still stuck on that notion of lead lag compensation with analog
> wetware, oh my.

Isn't this what a baby goes through before we finally declare that it
has achieved "motor control"?

Perhaps the infant brain is still getting used to the signal
propagation delays going all the way down biochemical pathways to
reach things like hands and feet then waiting for the return signals
to sense such distant parts.

I think the feedback from babies is also similar to the feedback from
your drunk drivers (just as pleasant too).

You know they* have wired rat-like robots directly to rat brains - and
the "analog wetware" rat brain drives the robot around the maze as one
would expect a rat-robot to act.  My guess would be that even variable
delay could be compensated for if it was monitored by the brains in
question.

I would like to see if there is any way to network them together: sort
of distributed super-rat-brain.  Could different ideal topologies form
if the nodes in the cluster were able to reorganize for each task?  I
guess it doesn't matter if they're rat brains or Borg, it's the same
idea really.

*they = the people who do this kind of thing, aka "them" and "those people"
[1] http://www.google.com/#q=rat+robot