[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Dec 31 10:49:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:56:55PM -0800, The Avantguardian wrote:

> > So don't do it, then.
>
> I'll cross or burn that bridge when I get to it, if I get to it.

We're all sick. The disease is always fatal, and it's called
aging. Nobody has recovered. Everybody so far has died.
No exceptions.

There's a new clinic in town, which cures aging and death.
There is a huge number of anxious patients, waiting to be
admitted. A lot of the (rich and powerful) ones managed to
get to the front of the queue, by whatever means.

So you come, and want to burn down the clinic.
(For what you think very good reasons, of course).

So what do you think will happen?