[ExI] The digital nature of brains

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 12:39:06 UTC 2010

BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... an eternity ago (was it really only a month
> ago?) I said
> that our present digital computers didn't work the same way
> as the brain.

Is anybody actually claiming that?  I certainly wouldn't.

Computers don't work the same way as the traffic, but that doesn't stop us from using them to model traffic.

This is why levels of abstraction are so crucial.  It doesn't matter that digital computers don't work the same way as the brain. What matters is that digital computers can create virtual objects that do. (or objects that create objects that create objects that do, etc.).

Ben Zaiboc