[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:52:27 UTC 2010

2010/2/18 Natasha Vita-More :
> This is not what the irrational observation was referring to.  Urg.
>
> Anyway, on a *different point*, that "global warming debate only exists
> because of PR, media and political spin" could be very true.  Although, I'm
> not entirely sure the world and society feeds off of PR.  Some folks are
> sequestered in their studies reading peer-review papers and still others
> are withdraw to their labs working on experiments about effects
> of temperature rises on life forms.  I do very much agree with you on the
> influence of political positioning, and its PR, on the GW debate.

No doubt that's true.
But the PR, media and political spin is all about power. Power to stop
governments taking any action to restrain the corporations behavior.
The mass of public opinion and the creation of 'popular dissenting
views' sways elected representatives against initiating new projects
to alleviate global warming and the effects thereof.

All the folks reading peer-reviewed papers and in labs working on
research have no political lobbying power. That's why the corporations
have won and science has lost.

BillK