[ExI] Brain Preservation

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 09:48:20 UTC 2010

This is interesting:

http://www.brainpreservation.org/

I've wondered before about the possibility of plastination as a brain-preservation technique, but always assumed it would cause too much damage to be practical.  If this is possible, it would be far superior to vitrification at liquid N2 temperatures, because once done, the brain would be stable at normal temperatures.

You wouldn't be dependent on the continued functioning of a company for your future, with all the risks that implies, such as politics or other social factors, technical failures, etc.

All youd need would be storage space. Your descendants could even keep your brain on the mantelpiece waiting for the technology to scan and resurrect you.
If it didn't freak them out.

The only downside is for people who want their original biological tissue to be repaired. That wouldn't be possible with plastination, but for uploaders, it would be perfect, because it solves the problem of maintaining structural integrity during the scan.

I'm now wondering if there aren't other possible methods of preservation, apart from low temperatures and plastination?

Ben Zaiboc