[ExI] Continuity of experience.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 23 16:47:00 UTC 2010

On Feb 22, 2010, at 9:52 PM, Spencer Campbell wrote:

> I can not be two people at once.

Sure you can. They would be two different people who would go on to lead different lives but they would both be Spencer Campbell. There is nothing paradoxical in this it's just unusual because up to now only one chunk of matter in the universe behaved in a Spencercampbellian way, but someday that might change.

> I will not be taking steps to preserve my brain, because I believe that I will stay dead even if a perfect copy of me is made.

Then you will be dead in the next few seconds because the human body is constantly rebuilding itself and never does so perfectly. You are last years mashed potatoes.

 John K Clark