[ExI] better self-transcendence through selective brain damage

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 09:03:14 UTC 2010

> Spike wrote:
> Ah, FINALLY you guys lighten up.  I post some of my best jokes, not a
> HarHar, not a guffaw.  I give you perfectly good Valentines Day advice,
> nothing but somber comments about who posted how many this or that since
> last time.
>
> My extropian friends, this place is a PARTY!  We have deep ideas and often
> discuss heavy topics, but we are here to have FUN too.  Eliezer assures us
> that there is an infinite amount of fun, so even if we use up an
> infinitesimal fraction of it, there is plenty of time for fun.  If we
> manage
> radical life extension, then we will eventually solve all of humanity's
> most
> persistent problems.  Then our task will be to entertain each other.  So
> lets get in practice, shall we?

But Spike, this thread is the best laugh I've had for ages!

Seriously, it's a bit like those films that you remember as being great because of their mixture of tragedy and comedy. 'Little Big Man', 'Forrest Gump', etc.

I realise that some people are taking it oh so seriously, but that just makes it funnier.  Am I a bad person?  (I think 'Jesus and Mo' is funny too. http://www.jesusandmo.net/).

Ben Zaiboc