[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 16:18:48 UTC 2010

Stathis,

> However, it doesn't matter, since the thought experiment I have been
> discussing is designed to show something important about consciousness

Sure, it shows that we cannot, in a given human, separate that human's consciousness from his behavior. I agree with that.

But it does not follow that weak AI = strong AI as you've claimed, or that we should consider strong AI a feasible research project, or anything of the sort. It only seems to because of the two false assumptions I mentioned.

-gts